important gk questions 2016
1: Approx __ % of Indian population is still Agriculturist.
2. Contribution of agriculture to Gross National Product is approximately ?
3. How much population is living below poverty line in India ?
Ans: Approx 26%
4. The best indicator of economic development of any country is ?
Ans: Its per capita income
5. What is the mainstay of Indian economy ?
6. India is the largest milk producing country in the world .
7. Who was the father of Operation Flood ?
Ans: Dr. Verghese Kurien
8. The increase in oil seeds production was due to ?
Ans: Yellow revolution
9. The progress in increase of fish production was called.
Ans: Blue revolution
10. Which state is the biggest tea producer in the country ?
11. India holds the third position in production of Sugar cane.
12. National Agriculture Insurance Scheme was implemented on.
Ans: Oct. 1999
13. Which is not a Kharif Crop ?
14. The data of estimation of India's National income is issued by ?
Ans: Central Statistical Organisation
15. The concept of Economic Planning in India is derived from ?